Welcome to Able Surveyors in Lewisham, your property expert for commercial and residential surveying services in South East London. With full RICS accreditation and more than 25 years’ professional experience to our name, we offer a wide range of specialist surveys and investigations to help you manage your property asset.
Property in Lewisham
A relatively unassuming corner of South East London, Lewisham has experienced substantial redevelopment in recent years. There is now a much-improved restaurant & bar scene, better facilities and new homes that are attracting young renters, many of whom are deciding to buy here. According to estate agents Hamptons International, 44% of homes in Lewisham in the last year were bought by first time buyers.
With continued investment into the infrastructure of the local area, the housing market in Lewisham is rising. Last year, property prices were up by 6% on the previous year, and 20% up on 2016. The overall average property price here is £498,056 according to Rightmove, which is similar to nearby Hither Green. Most of last year’s property sales in Lewisham involved flats.
Portfolio of Services in Lewisham
Consult with Able Surveyors’ competent team for an extensive range of property services designed to help you with the purchase and maintenance of your commercial or residential property asset in Lewisham. Our unrivalled technical expertise coupled with an enviable 25-year track record in the London property industry makes us ideally placed to deliver targeted insights to maximise your ROI.
- RICS Home Surveys – Entry Level Condition Reports, Mid-Level HomeBuyer Reports, In-Depth Building Survey
- RICS Registered Valuations – For a number of financial purposes including matrimonial, probate, tax and insurance matters
- Specific Defect Surveys – Such as Damp Reports, Drone Surveys and Structural Building Monitoring
- Schedules of Condition – for property letting/leasing to protect against dilapidations claims, and to safeguard the interests of adjoining property owners during building works
- Stock Condition Surveys – to facilitate effective preventative maintenance planning for your portfolio
- Contract administration and full project management services
Whether you are planning building works, especially those falling under the Party Wall Act, or you are taking on a new tenant, a Schedule of Condition constitutes a clear benchmark against which the state of the property can be assessed. That way, future repairing obligations between landlords and tenants, and potential claims for damages by adjoining property owners can be mitigated.
If structural movement in a building is suspected, crack monitoring can be used to establish the extent of any movement. Typically, small metal studs are inserted either side of any cracks, and regular readings are taken to establish whether the cracks are widening or narrowing. Ongoing monitoring is normally undertaken for 3 months to a year.
Contact the Able Surveyors team today to discuss your requirements for commercial or residential surveying services in Lewisham. With a 25+ year track record in the London property industry, we look forward to being of assistance.