Stock Condition Survey
At Able Surveyors, we deliver Stock Condition Surveys (SCS) to assess an organisation’s property portfolio, and to record its current condition in preparation for imminent and future repairs and maintenance programmes. The information gleaned is stored on a database to use as a guide for preventative maintenance to be completed. It may be commissioned for one property or several. Get in touch with us today to see how can help.
When is a Stock Condition Survey required?
Organisations that are responsible for managing property assets or large portfolios will typically be required, either by contractual agreement or by law, to maintain the property to a good standard.
A Stock Condition Survey provides our clients with an overview condition of the properties in their care, delivering essential information regarding the state of repair to enable future maintenance planning and investment requirements to be budgeted for.
If you are responsible for managing a property asset or large portfolio, Able Surveyors can carry out Stock Condition Surveys that are tailored to suit your requirements, whether covering individual elements (kitchens, bathrooms etc) or entire residential blocks. In many cases, a SCS can be combined with other services such as Specific Defect Surveys or Damp Reports, thereby reducing the need for several site visits and their associated costs.
Meeting the Decent Homes Standard
Our assessments will also take into account any health and safety issues and can highlight any non-conformities with the Decent Home Standard, the minimum standard for housing that landlords must meet. Identifying any hazards or non-compliance issues is of vital importance for any landlord or property owner, since maintaining a well-maintained property asset not only makes sound commercial sense but is also a legal obligation. In this way, SCS data can be helpful to avoid issues such as poor publicity and litigation.
For landlords and social housing authorities, SCS data is also important to help inform future asset management and investment programmes. What’s more, for local housing authorities, information on the condition of private sector housing stock within their area will help to inform their future housing structure and allocation of scarce capital resources.
Who are our clients?
Over the years, Able Surveyors have built strong relationships with public sector bodies, private landlords and commercial operators, as well as charitable organisations. Our experienced surveyors assist with Stock Condition Surveys on a cyclical basis for:
- Councils and Local Authorities
- Housing Associations
- Healthcare Providers
- Care Home Clients
- Schools, Colleges & Universities
- Managing Agents of Residential Apartment Blocks
We have a dedicated team of Chartered Surveyors who are experienced in all aspects of property surveying and can undertake large scale projects as well as individual assessments of single premises, such as residential homes and commercial buildings.
How Able Surveyors can help
In today’s economic climate, the SCS information we deliver can be pivotal for helping you make sensible strategic decisions about your property portfolios. This not only assists organisations with the detection of major defects that could be harmful to residents or cause long-term damage to the building, it also helps with ensuring good day-to-day building upkeep and maintenance. Keeping your property assets in a good state of repair also helps with property planning and budgeting, while optimising the value of your stock.
Our team can further provide assistance and guidance by preparing Schedules of Works for identified maintenance work and repairs, along with a budget of costings for a full picture. That way, landlords and property managers can undertake planned preventative maintenance in a proactive and cost-effective manner, reducing the cost of reactive maintenance works and call-out charges.
- Able Surveyors have built up an excellent reputation for commercial property management services and specialist building surveys for homes and businesses in London and the Home Counties. From our offices in Essex and Central London, we deliver valuable, commercially focused advice and guidance to assist property owners, operators and managers of retail premises, industrial units, educational establishments and other business premises, as well as residential property, to make informed decisions about their asset acquisition, disposal or management.
- We have 25+ years of surveying experience and a seasoned team of RICS Chartered Surveyors to put at your disposal. Our highly competent, motivated surveyors have a wealth of expertise dealing with different types of residential and commercial property in and around London, providing commercial property management services and building surveys for homes and businesses. If you are looking for valuable professional insights to help you get the most from your property investment or building management, you couldn’t be in better hands.
- Able Surveyors are proud to be members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), our esteemed professional body. We comply with the strict RICS code of conduct, rules and regulations and are regularly monitored for quality. That way, we can provide peace of mind to all clients that they will continue to receive the highest standards of service excellence. As experienced construction management professionals in the London area, we are also members of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- We offer a wealth of professional surveying and building-related services for residential and commercial property clients in Central London, Greater London and Essex. Our extensive service portfolio comprises the full suite of RICS property surveys and valuations as well as in-depth surveys for specific defects or concerns, including detailed damp and subsidence investigations, and snagging reports for new-build property. For commercial landlords and tenants, we can help with Schedules of Condition and Dilapidation Surveys as well as Lease Extension Surveys and more.